SUT-Sarawak is a branch campus of Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia. In the Good Universities Guide 2010, Swinburne was awarded a 5-star rating for its teaching quality, generic skills, and graduate satisfaction with the overall educational experience. The courses and degree programs at SUTS-Sarawak are identical to those taught at the main campus in Melbourne, Australia, and instruction is in English.
The campus is a multicultural environment with international students coming from over 40 countries. The total campus population is over 3,000 students. The 16.5 acre campus includes well equipped laboratories, lecture and seminar rooms, engineering workshops, computer labs, a state-of-the-art digital resource center, high-speed internet access, cafeteria, student lounge, gym, sporting facilities, and on-campus dormitories.
Swinburne’s Sarawak campus focuses its academics on particular areas and provides outstanding hands-on experience in the disciplines of biotechnology, business, engineering, and multimedia design. All classes are instructed in English. More specifically, courses are offered in:
- Biotechnology – Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Business – Accounting, Business Information Systems, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, International Business
- Engineering – Computer Science and Software Engineering, Computing, Civil Engineering, Electrical and
- Electronic Engineering, Electronics and Computer Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics, Telecommunication and Network Engineering
- Multimedia Design – Animation, Multimedia Design, Video Production
SUT-Sarawak provides all GlobaLinks Learning Abroad students with two complimentary excursions to nearby attractions, including Kuala Lumpur, natural hot springs, and national parks.
The capital city of Sarawak is Kuching, and it has been described as one of the most attractive and livable cities in southeast Asia. Kuching is rich in history with old-world charm blended into 21st century modernity. The city offers entertainment, restaurants, and nightlife to suit most tastes. The campus of SUT-Sarawak is just 10 minutes from the city center.
Studying abroad at Swinburne University of Technology-Sarawak in Malaysia is available as a semester abroad program in the Fall or Spring semesters or for a full academic year abroad.
(You will be redirected to the complete program profile.)